Selecting the right pool pavers play an important role in enhancing the aesthetics of your outdoors and improve its function.
Characteristics of a Quality Pool Paver:
- A premium quality pool paver is durable and can easily withstand the harsh weather and exposure to various chemicals, salt and chlorine without changing in appearance.
- Moreover, it should not change size or shape under extreme conditions nor curl and should have a high slip resistance.
Key Considerations Before Choosing The Right Pool Pavers
There are numerous different varieties of pavers in the market, not all suitable for Pools. Therefore, you will need the right advice to choose the right paver for your needs. Here is a guide to choose pool pavers:
- Appearance/Aesthetic Appeal: When looking for pool pavers, it is important to consider the right stone, colour and texture to complement not just your pool but other elements in your garden – from plants to other materials present in your design. Remembering that pavers should compliment the pools colour and style.For example: if you are planning to combine your timber decking with stone pavers, select a complimentary colour tone for a seamless transition. Moreover, consider the appearance of your stone work to match the architectural style of your house.
- Durability: Pool pavers are exposed to harsh weather – hot summers, chilly winters and torrential rains. Moreover, pool pavers are also exposed to harmful chemicals, salt and chlorine.It is important to choose a pool paver that is durable and can withstand the wear and tear from footfalls, chemicals, furniture and weather. Keep in mind Some stone will require treatment before being delivered to withstand harsh materials like salt. Sandstone is one material that needs this extra treatment.
- Surface Finishing: One of the most critical factors for selecting pool pavers is its surface finish. It is essential that you consider this key factor before picking out a paver. Make sure the surface finish of the pool paving is slip-resistant and meets the minimum Australian standards.For example, choose sawn instead of honed, as sawn pavers are more porous therefor have a higher slip resistance rating.