There’s nothing as luxurious and elegant as stone pavers. They don’t just give an attractive appeal to your property, but also provide a stable and decorative surface for a wide range of outdoor areas like patios, driveways or pathways.
But Many of You might Wonder – Are Pavers Affordable?
Here, we have tried to provide an answer to this question by giving an estimate of how much your outdoor paving may cost:
The Cost of Paving Stones
Pavers vary significantly in price. There’s a vast variety of different pavers like terracotta, concrete, bricks and natural stones, and each of these come with a different price tag.
A Quick Tip: Majority of natural stone products are now significantly cheaper than concrete pavers due to massive increases in manufacturing & labour costs.
Here, we have outlined some of the paving options, so to help you get a better idea about the price variations:
- $40 to $70 per square meter for Bluestone paving
- $40 to $80 for granite paving
- $50 to $90 for Travertine paving
- $30 to $70 per square meter for sandstone paving
- $50 to $80 per square metre for limestone paving
- $60 to $90 per square metre for marble paving
- $60 to $100 per square for concrete paving
You require a strong and stabile base for longevity of stone pavers. Concrete is the ideal base for high volume areas and also the preferred option, crushed rock & sand base is a secondary option for those low volume areas which can be a great way to cut the cost down.
A Quick Tip: its best to get your local expert out for the best advice on which option will work for you
Many other factors determine the overall cost of your outdoor paving. Some of these factors are:
- Labour cost can greatly differ depending size, thickness and material you choose.
- Access and terrain can also impact the overall cost. Paving on a flat surface will cost you less per square metre as compared to a sloping surface.
- Also, the style of paving determines the cost. For example, a driveway with large square pavers would be less expensive compared to the ashlar, French & crazy patterned ones which are made up of small pavers and require more cuts
Things to Keep in Mind When Getting Quotes
Before you start planning the budget and getting quotes for your outdoor paving project, take some time to work out on the following things:
- The type of pavers would you like to have
- Do you want patterned or simple paving?
- Do you like border pavers?
- Whether you want to pave a flat ground or a sloping surface?
- Figure out the suitable pavers according to your requirement. E.g., if you are paving around a pool, you need a slip-resistant surface.
Sorting out the points mentioned above will help you compare the quotes and make a well-informed decision.
We hope this blog will help you plan a budget for an outdoor paving job.
Do you still have any queries? Feel Free to Talk to the Experts at AushenStone.
Disclaimer: Cost mentioned in this blog are indicative. The prices vary locally and are often subjected to market forces.